Children’s Sequoyah Masterlist for 2017-2018
Students in Grades 3 through 5 must read or listen to 3 or more titles to vote in March 2017 In order to attend the Northern Hills Sequoyah Celebration in May students in 3rd grade must read 6 books, 4th grade must read 7 books and 5th grade 8 books.
Students are in charge of “registering” to vote. This requires the student to come to the media center, log the title which they have read or heard and complete a paper on the story elements, forms can be found on the Sequoyah shelf in the library or printed from link below. All of this procedure is explained and practiced during a library lesson at the beginning of the school year. Students are welcome to get a head start during the summer!
2018 SequoyahChildren’s Masterlist (3-5 Grade)
1. Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate
2. The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley
3. The Enchanted Files #1: Cursed (Diary of a Mad Brownie) by Bruce Coville
4. Game Changer: John McLendon and the Secret Game by John Coy
5. Stella by Starlight by Sharon M. Draper
6. Full Cicada Moon by Marilyn Hilton
7. Roller Girl by Victoria Jamieson
8. Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer by Kelly Jones
9. Lucky Strike by Bobbie Pyron
10.An Ambush of Tigers: A Wild Gathering of Collective Nouns by Betsy R.
11.Fuzzy Mud by Louis Sachar
12.The Way Home Looks Now by Wendy Wan-Long Shang
13.My Pet Human by Yasmine Surovec
14.Poet: The Remarkable Story of George Moses Horton by Don Tate
15.Funny Bones: Posada and His Day of the Dead Calaveras by Duncan Tonatiuh
16.Dragon’s Guide to the Care and Feeding of Humans by Laurence Yep and