Important Tech Protection Plan Info
For the fall semester of 2020, EPS elementary schools will be issued a technology package: a Chromebook or iPad, a charging cord, and a protective case. The Edmond Public Schools Student Technology Protection Plan (STPP) has been established to give parents the option to purchase protection covering the repair or replacement costs of the technology package. The cost for the protection plan for the fall semester of the 2020 school year is $12.50 per student. Families are strongly encouraged but not required to participate in this voluntary program. Payments for the protection plan will be accepted online via the InTouch system, until Tuesday, September 15, 2020. The plan is effective from date of purchase until January 5, 2021, or when remote learning ends, whichever occurs first.Protection Plan Coverage: If purchased, the Student Technology Protection Plan covers accidental damage or theft of the technology package items as follows:
- 100% of the FIRST incident of damage or theft
- 50% of the SECOND incident of damage or theft
- 0% of any additional incident of damage or theft – After two incidents, the parent/guardian is responsible for all repairs and replacement costs.
- The plan does not cover lost equipment, damage to another student’s technology, or intentional damage.
- The plan covers theft of equipment if a police report is provided.
- The plan is void if the protective case is removed from the iPad or Chromebook.
Full information on Tech Protection Plan: https://edmondschools.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/20-21-EPS-Elementary-Student-Technology-Protection-Plan-1.pdf
PAY FOR PLAN HERE: https://ok-edmond.intouchreceipting.com/