If you are picking up your child you will have to have a Car Rider+ Tag. If you need to pick up your tag you will need to come to the office and show your i.d. on the first day. Children will only be released to someone with a Car Tag. Please bring your patience as there will be a long line for the first few days. Reminder, there will no longer be parent walk-ups. We ask you to follow the attached map and streets for drop-off & pick-up.
Please pack extra patience and grace as we begin the year with road construction.
Drop-off Car lane map
- Breakfast ~ Students who eat breakfast may be dropped off by the west porch beginning at 8:30 am. Please do not drop off students earlier, they will NOT be supervised.
- Pre-K thru 2nd Grade ~ If your child is not eating breakfast, please drop off by the east Pre-K doors after 8:20.
- 3rd – 5th Grade ~ If your child is not eating breakfast, please drop off by the west porch after 8:20a.m.
- After 8:50am ~ Everyone should enter the main entrance as others will be locked for the beginning of the school day.
- There will be two separate (drop-off only) loops of traffic. See map below with Green lines for Pre-K loop and Blue line for Big-loop. This flow allows for traffic to keep moving without the two loops crossing over one another. Please follow the entrance and exit directions so as to avoid turning in-front of other cars or overlapping traffic lines.
Pick-up Car lane map
- School Bus ~ Children are walked to bus lines in the cafeteria where they are walked by duty teachers to the bus lane on the west end of the building. The street along the west of the building (Chartrand) is reserved for bus and daycare pick up.
- Car Riders ~ Those parents who choose to pick up their child, need to approach the school going WEST down Wayne and turn right into the main parking lot in front of the building. (To eliminate traffic jams, left turns off of Wayne Street into the parking lot are not permitted during dismissal times.) Please see map below for the pick-up flow.
- ONLY Pre-K children will be picked-up from the Pre-K Circle (east loop) all other students will be picked up from the large loop. Siblings will NOT be dismissed with Pre-K students as Pre-K dismisses at 2:55 pm and school dismisses for K-5 at 3:25 pm.
- You will receive a Car Rider+ tag with a number assigned to your child. The tag should be attached to the mirror so the school staff can see it.
- Pull forward to the farthest marked pick-up station (Numbered 1,2,3,4,5) and your child will be loaded into your car. (If needed, please pull forward to buckle your student.)
- Students will never be allowed to cross the parking lot alone to go to a waiting car. Providing a safe dismissal plan is our first priority.
- Walkers ~ Students who walk home will be dismissed at 3:25 pm and are expected to immediately walk home. Please remind your child to walk home quickly and safely and not hang around to visit with friends.
There are many parents wishing to check their student out at the end of the day. To ensure your child’s safety, we will not be checking out students after 2:50 pm. If you are wishing to make changes to your child’s transportation the office must be notified prior to 2:45 pm to ensure they receive the message in the classroom before dismissal procedures begin.
Please be mindful of our neighborhood streets. Parking from 8:00-4:00pm is prohibited (and enforced & ticketed), and we should utilize the designated parking at the west end of N.H.
There will be NO PARENT WALK-UPS in Edmond Public Schools.