Children’s Sequoyah Masterlist for 2019-2020
Students in Grades 3 through 5 must read or listen to 3 or more titles to vote in March 2019. In order to attend the Northern Hills Sequoyah Celebration in May students in 3rd grade must read 6 books, 4th grade must read 7 books and 5th grade 8 books.
Students are in charge of “registering” to vote. This requires the student to come to the media center, log the title which they have read or heard and complete a paper on the story elements, forms can be found on the Sequoyah shelf in the library or printed from link below. All of this procedure is explained and practiced during a library lesson at the beginning of the school year. Students are welcome to get a head start during the summer!
LINK HERE to Complete online story element page and have it emailed immediately to Mrs. Cohlmia to be recorded. No more losing that piece of paper!
2020 OLA Children’s Sequoyah Masterlist
1. The Art of the Swap by Kristine Asselin and Jen Malone
2. Sweep: The Story of a Girl and Her Monster by Jonathan Auxier
3. The Extraordinary Colors of Auden Dare by Zillah Bethell
4. The Rhino in Right Field by Stacy DeKeyser
5. Journey of the Pale Bear by Susan Fletcher
6. Winterhouse by Ben Guterson
7. Lifeboat 12 by Susan Hood
8. The Doughnut Fix by Jessie Janowitz
9. The Unforgettable Guinevere St. Clair by Amy Makechnie
10.Bob by Wendy Mass and Rebecca Stead
11.The Spirit of Cattail County by Victoria Piontek
12.Grump: The (Fairly) True Tale of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves by Liesl
13.Spindrift and the Orchid by Emma Trevayne
14.The Story Collector: A New York Public Library Book by Kristin O’Donnell Tubb
15. Between the Lines: How Ernie Barnes Went from the Football Field to the Art
Gallery by Sandra Neil Wallace