Happy Fall to All!!! Apple cider, caramel apples, and crisp mornings are here! October is safety month. Our SEAL (Social, Emotional, Academic Learning) lessons this month will be over personal, physical and emotional safety, as well as strangers, fire prevention,and social media safety. Red Ribbon Week will be addressed in our lessons, too. We will briefly discuss safety tips for those who Trick or Treat.
Red Ribbon Week – October 25th – 29th
Monday 10/25 – Wear your favorite TEAM shirt/jersey – we TEAM up against drugs!!!
Tuesday 10/26 – Wear NEON colors – Husky Pups are too BRIGHT for Drugs!!!
Wednesday 10/27 Wear TYE-DYE – Say “Peace Out” to drugs!
Thursday 10/28 Wear RED – Husky Pups Rally in Red to Stand Up to Drugs & Bullying!
Friday – 10/29 Spirit Day! Wear your Husky Pup gear – Husky Pups make healthy choices!!!
- Never take anything from a stranger (someone you do not know) such as food or money
- Never accept rides from strangers
- Never walk alone – use the buddy system
- Take the safest route to and from school
- Always tell your parents/teachers if anyone makes you feel uncomfortable
- When a stranger calls on the phone, never tell them if your parents are not home
- Parents should have their work numbers, emergency numbers and numbers of trusted neighbors posted in a place children can easily see
Trick or Treat Safety: For those who participate
- Go Trick or Treating with an adult – never alone
- Do not go to homes of people you do not know
- Only go to homes with the porch light on
- Carry a flashlight
- Select a costume that fits properly and does not block vision
- Do not cross the street between parked cars – cross only at intersections
- Walk – don’t run – when crossing the street
- Look carefully – both ways – when approaching a driveway – watch for cars pulling in and out
- Do not eat candy until you are home and your parents go through your treats
- Throw away any open or homemade treats – including beverages
Wishing all of our Husky Pup families a wonderful and restful Fall Break!!!
Sincerely your counselors, Tracy Hill – 726-3580 Jean Vicari – 726-3641